wikimania logo

Florence Devouard-2
Hi board,

Theodorian is asking whether the logo used last year for Wikimania
(visible here: http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page), is
actually perceived to be the official logo to be used every year. I do
not think the issue has ever been discussed nor voted. I am not sure
though. I think it is best that we keep a consistent logo year after
year and this one should scale well. Opinion ?

Anthere

Re: wikimania logo

Christophe Henner
As I said on the website we could mix the two opinions. On one hand
keep the main idea for the logo on the other hand adapt it to the
country/city where wikimania will be.
--
schiste

Re: wikimania logo

Damian Finol-2
Christophe Henner wrote:
> As I said on the website we could mix the two opinions. On one hand
> keep the main idea for the logo on the other hand adapt it to the
> country/city where wikimania will be.
Hello,

I sent an email and it's waiting for approval because I attached an
image, but along the lines of:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8877/taiwanat9.jpg

Regards
Damian.

Re: wikimania logo

A. Özgür Erdemli
I support the idea to have the 2006 logo as base and mix it with some images/graphics that represents the place/country of new wikimania

Dbl2010

On 11/23/06, Damian Finol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Christophe Henner wrote:
> As I said on the website we could mix the two opinions. On one hand
> keep the main idea for the logo on the other hand adapt it to the
> country/city where wikimania will be.
Hello,

I sent an email and it's waiting for approval because I attached an
image, but along the lines of:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8877/taiwanat9.jpg

Regards
Damian.

Re: wikimania logo

Kereluk, Darren L.
I agree with A. Özgür Erdemli.

Darren.

Christophe Henner wrote:
> As I said on the website we could mix the two opinions. On one hand
> keep the main idea for the logo on the other hand adapt it to the
> country/city where wikimania will be.
Hello,

I sent an email and it's waiting for approval because I attached an
image, but along the lines of:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8877/taiwanat9.jpg

Regards
Damian.

Re: wikimania logo

Ben Yates
I designed the original logo; if anyone wants my help with the new
one, let me know.

On 11/25/06, Kereluk, Darren L. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree with A. Özgür Erdemli.
>
> Darren.

> I support the idea to have the 2006 logo as base and mix it with some
> images/graphics that represents the place/country of new wikimania
>
> Dbl2010
>

> On 11/23/06, Damian Finol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Christophe Henner wrote:
> > > As I said on the website we could mix the two opinions. On one hand
> > > keep the main idea for the logo on the other hand adapt it to the
> > > country/city where wikimania will be.
> > Hello,
> >
> > I sent an email and it's waiting for approval because I attached an
> > image, but along the lines of:
> >
> > http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8877/taiwanat9.jpg
> >
> > Regards
> > Damian.

Ben Yates
Wikipedia blog - http://wikip.blogspot.com

Re: wikimania logo

The Cunctator
I have to say it's an amazing logo.

On 1/11/07, Ben Yates <[hidden email]> wrote:
I designed the original logo; if anyone wants my help with the new
one, let me know.

On 11/25/06, Kereluk, Darren L. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree with A. Özgür Erdemli.
>
> Darren.

> I support the idea to have the 2006 logo as base and mix it with some
> images/graphics that represents the place/country of new wikimania
>

> Dbl2010
>

> On 11/23/06, Damian Finol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Christophe Henner wrote:
> > > As I said on the website we could mix the two opinions. On one hand
> > > keep the main idea for the logo on the other hand adapt it to the
> > > country/city where wikimania will be.
> > Hello,
> >
> > I sent an email and it's waiting for approval because I attached an
> > image, but along the lines of:
> >
> > http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8877/taiwanat9.jpg
> >
> > Regards
> > Damian.

Ben Yates
Wikipedia blog - http://wikip.blogspot.com

Re: wikimania logo

Hsiang-Tai Chien
Hi Ben,

Thanks, I will let Taipei team know about this.

Hsiang-Tai Chien (H.T.)

Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia! http://en.wikipedia.org
My Wikipedia User Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Htchien
My blog - Hsiang-Tai @ Taiwan: http://htchien.blogspot.com
My Flickr Photo Album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/htchien

Think Different, Do Smarter, Work for Joy!!

Thanks!  My resume's posted. =p