wikimedia.ch mailing addresses for our new members ...

wikimedia.ch mailing addresses for our new members ...

thurner rupert
hi,

who would be responsible for creating the wikimedia.ch email addresses
for our new members?

rupert.

Re: wikimedia.ch mailing addresses for our new members ...

Michael Bimmler
Let me see...
@wikimedia.ch email adresses are only available for board members and
officials (nando, manuel). I see no point in giving an @wikimedia.ch
adress to each single member (has every wwf-member an @wwf.ch
adress...?)
However each member has a memberwiki account, which I will create
after the new member is accepted.
By the way: Manuel, is it possible to have a "distributing email
adress" analogous to the board and ok mail adresses for "all members"?
I.e. if I wrote to [hidden email] I'd adress all current
members... This would be neat for sending invitations/announcements...
Michael
On 6/19/06, thurner rupert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> who would be responsible for creating the wikimedia.ch email addresses
> for our new members?
>
> rupert.

Regards
Michael Bimmler

www.wikimedia.ch

Re: wikimedia.ch mailing addresses for our new members ...

thurner rupert
hi,

does anybody have a working wikimedia.ch mail address at the moment?
if i write on mine i do not get an error, but it also does not get
forwarded to the gmail address i gave to manuel.

rupert.
---------------
http://wikimedia.ch - free knowledge is priceless

On 6/19/06, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Let me see...
> @wikimedia.ch email adresses are only available for board members and
> officials (nando, manuel). I see no point in giving an @wikimedia.ch
> adress to each single member (has every wwf-member an @wwf.ch
> adress...?)
> However each member has a memberwiki account, which I will create
> after the new member is accepted.
> By the way: Manuel, is it possible to have a "distributing email
> adress" analogous to the board and ok mail adresses for "all members"?
> I.e. if I wrote to [hidden email] I'd adress all current
> members... This would be neat for sending invitations/announcements...
> Michael
> On 6/19/06, thurner rupert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > who would be responsible for creating the wikimedia.ch email addresses
> > for our new members?
> >
> > rupert.

> Regards
> Michael Bimmler
>
> Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
> www.wikimedia.ch

Re: wikimedia.ch mailing addresses for our new members ...

Manuel Schneider-3
at June the 14th I've sent a mail to all OK members:

> Wer noch Zugriff auf seine persönliche Wikimedia-Mailbox haben möchte
schreibe
> mir bitte unter Angabe von:
> - gewünschtes Passwort
> oder
> - gewünschte Umleitungsadresse

I didn't receive any mail from you regarding this.
All mailadresses are up and running since June 13th.

--
Regards
Manuel Schneider

www.wikimedia.ch

On 6/27/06, thurner rupert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hi,
>
> does anybody have a working wikimedia.ch mail address at the moment?
I do. Up and working, sent already mails to the new members from it.

> if i write on mine i do not get an error, but it also does not get
> forwarded to the gmail address i gave to manuel.
>
> rupert.
> ---------------
> http://wikimedia.ch - free knowledge is priceless
>

> On 6/19/06, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Let me see...
> > @wikimedia.ch email adresses are only available for board members and
> > officials (nando, manuel). I see no point in giving an @wikimedia.ch
> > adress to each single member (has every wwf-member an @wwf.ch
> > adress...?)
> > However each member has a memberwiki account, which I will create
> > after the new member is accepted.
> > By the way: Manuel, is it possible to have a "distributing email
> > adress" analogous to the board and ok mail adresses for "all members"?
> > I.e. if I wrote to [hidden email] I'd adress all current
> > members... This would be neat for sending invitations/announcements...
> > Michael
> > On 6/19/06, thurner rupert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > who would be responsible for creating the wikimedia.ch email addresses
> > > for our new members?
> > >
> > > rupert.

> > Regards
> > Michael Bimmler
> >
> > Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> > Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
> > www.wikimedia.ch

Re: wikimedia.ch mailing addresses for our new members ...

Robin Schwab
thurner rupert schrieb:
  > does anybody have a working wikimedia.ch mail address at the moment?
> if i write on mine i do not get an error, but it also does not get
> forwarded to the gmail address i gave to manuel.

My account works properly for incoming mails with no forwarding. I do
not use the smtp server (outbond) though.

Unlike Manuel stated I wrote a short thank you email to you/him saying
everything worked.

Regards

Robin