wikipedia.NoPage problem

Ganesh Krishnamurthy
Hello all,

I am running a bot on Tamil wikipedia (ta.wikipedia.org). All gets are
giving me a wikipedia.NoPage error and are not picking up any text.

For example,

        self.stattext = ""
        self.statpage = wikipedia.Page(site=self.site,
title="User:Ganeshbot/Created2")
        try:
            self.stattext = self.statpage.get()
        except:
            print "Unexpected error:", sys.exc_info()[0]

            print "stat page does not exist"

The page, User:Ganeshbot/Created2 does exist. But still Python is going into
exception and returning Nopage.

I am using Windows XP sp2, IE7, Python 2.5. Please help.

Regards, Ganesh

Re: wikipedia.NoPage problem

Francesco Cosoleto
> The page, User:Ganeshbot/Created2 does exist. But still Python is
> going into
> exception and returning Nopage.
>
> I am using Windows XP sp2, IE7, Python 2.5. Please help.

Get latest version of Pywikipedia bot. You can download wikipedia.py
release that fixes NoPage problem from:
http://pywikipediabot.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/pywikipediabot/pywikipedia/wikipedia.py

Regards,
Francesco Cosoleto  |  http://cosoleto.free.fr

Re: wikipedia.NoPage problem

Ganesh Krishnamurthy
Francesco,

I got the latest version from CVS. That fixed it! Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ganesh