wikipedia api

Bogdan Pop
Hello.
For the past 2 days I kept looking in the media wiki api, but could not find a solution for what I need.
I would like to use the api for searching articles containing certain word(s) in the title and/or in the body.  All I could find is to use the opensearch (which is still a draft and there's no library out there).  Can you help, please? for example how do I get an XML list of the articles containing "Europe" in the title? Or containing "tiger" in the body? Is this possible?
Many thanks,
Bogdan

Re: wikipedia api

Yuri Astrakhan
At present there is no way to perform full text searches using wiki
API. It is a requested functionality, please add it to [[mw:API]] or
bugzilla.