wow

David Gerard-2
Apparently we're conspiring with Microsoft.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nike6/3457023387/

- d.

Re: wow

Magnus Manske-2
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Apparently we're conspiring with Microsoft.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/nike6/3457023387/

Damn, they found out! Quick, grab the money stash, I'll get our
tickets to Vanuatu!

Magnus

Re: wow

Durova
Magnus: Vanuatu changed its reporting practices in 2008, remember?  My
windfall from the naked short selling conspiracy is in the Cayman Islands.
Just a moment while I drop by the dry cleaners to pick up the black velvet
cabal robes on the way to the airport.

-Durova

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Magnus Manske
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Apparently we're conspiring with Microsoft.
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/nike6/3457023387/
>
> Damn, they found out! Quick, grab the money stash, I'll get our
> tickets to Vanuatu!
>
> Magnus

http://durova.blogspot.com/

Re: wow

Doc glasgow
Black velvet? Gah, so 2006. You obviously cancelled your "Wikipedian
In-Style" magazine when you handed in your sysop bit. Further, I'm
afraid the check from Microsoft has long since been spent on paperclips
and cheese fondues at the Secret UK reunion.

Durova wrote:

> Magnus: Vanuatu changed its reporting practices in 2008, remember?  My
> windfall from the naked short selling conspiracy is in the Cayman Islands.
> Just a moment while I drop by the dry cleaners to pick up the black velvet
> cabal robes on the way to the airport.
>
> -Durova
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Magnus Manske
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Apparently we're conspiring with Microsoft.
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/nike6/3457023387/
>> Damn, they found out! Quick, grab the money stash, I'll get our
>> tickets to Vanuatu!
>>
>> Magnus

FT2

Re: wow

FT2
It seems they spotted our cunning plan. But never fear - that was intended
to be discovered all along! The /real/ cabal's secret plan is Windows 7which
has Wikipedia built in as its preferred search engine..... oh the billions
we'll make from those people who just /have/ to see the latest pokemon!

FT2 (in 2009-style crimson red with sable chevoronels)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM, doc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Black velvet? Gah, so 2006. You obviously cancelled your "Wikipedian
> In-Style" magazine when you handed in your sysop bit. Further, I'm
> afraid the check from Microsoft has long since been spent on paperclips
> and cheese fondues at the Secret UK reunion.
>

> Durova wrote:
> > Magnus: Vanuatu changed its reporting practices in 2008, remember?  My
> > windfall from the naked short selling conspiracy is in the Cayman
> Islands.
> > Just a moment while I drop by the dry cleaners to pick up the black
> velvet
> > cabal robes on the way to the airport.
> >
> > -Durova
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Magnus Manske
> > <[hidden email]>wrote:

> >> Damn, they found out! Quick, grab the money stash, I'll get our
> >> tickets to Vanuatu!
> >>
> >> Magnus

Re: wow

David Gerard-2
[offlist]

2009/4/20 FT2 <[hidden email]>:

> It seems they spotted our cunning plan. But never fear - that was intended
> to be discovered all along! The /real/ cabal's secret plan is Windows 7which
> has Wikipedia built in as its preferred search engine..... oh the billions
> we'll make from those people who just /have/ to see the latest pokemon!

*psst* Naruto, d00d! I told you about this on the ArbCom yacht last week!

Let's just hope nike6 doesn't get hold of our plans to change wikitext
for OOXML.

- d.

FT2

Re: wow

FT2
[Off list]

Yacht?? I feel cheated! Have you seen what microsoft is worth? I want global
rights in perpetuity to the search term [[Small purple blob (insignificant
pokemon object)]] on the new Windows.

And sole ownership of Norway.

FT2

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [offlist]
>

> 2009/4/20 FT2 <[hidden email]>:
>
> > It seems they spotted our cunning plan. But never fear - that was
> intended
> > to be discovered all along! The /real/ cabal's secret plan is Windows
> 7which
> > has Wikipedia built in as its preferred search engine..... oh the
> billions
> > we'll make from those people who just /have/ to see the latest pokemon!
>

> *psst* Naruto, d00d! I told you about this on the ArbCom yacht last week!
>
> Let's just hope nike6 doesn't get hold of our plans to change wikitext
> for OOXML.
>

> - d.

Re: wow

Carcharoth
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM, FT2 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [Off list]

TINC! This must be dragged back on-list!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Globsters

> And sole ownership of Norway.

Ooh. Stakes too high. I fold.

Carcharoth

FT2

Re: wow

FT2
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Carcharoth <[hidden email]>wrote:

> TINC! This must be dragged back on-list!

There is no cabal. And this isn't it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globster
Carcharoth

Eek! A potentially better search engine!  (Can I buy stock in Carcharoth? :)
)

Re: wow

Doc glasgow
I can't wait to see their faces at Citizendium when they realise that
en.wikipedia.org will be the default desktop for all Windows systems.

But, the best bit will be the built-in "edit this webpage" button
powered by the universal wiki-engine, which means that every webpage
will be open for editing. Haven't you always wanted the ability to
correct spelling errors on Guardian.co.uk, place a {{fact}} tag on the
New York Times, or template the Whitehouse site as {{POV}}?? Well, all
you will have to do is click on the large "Jimbo Icon" and you're off.
Just don't redirect uk.gov to [[Clown]]!

FT2 wrote:

> It seems they spotted our cunning plan. But never fear - that was intended
> to be discovered all along! The /real/ cabal's secret plan is Windows 7which
> has Wikipedia built in as its preferred search engine..... oh the billions
> we'll make from those people who just /have/ to see the latest pokemon!
>

> FT2 (in 2009-style crimson red with sable chevoronels)
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM, doc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Black velvet? Gah, so 2006. You obviously cancelled your "Wikipedian
>> In-Style" magazine when you handed in your sysop bit. Further, I'm
>> afraid the check from Microsoft has long since been spent on paperclips
>> and cheese fondues at the Secret UK reunion.
>>

>> Durova wrote:
>>> Magnus: Vanuatu changed its reporting practices in 2008, remember?  My
>>> windfall from the naked short selling conspiracy is in the Cayman
>> Islands.
>>> Just a moment while I drop by the dry cleaners to pick up the black
>> velvet
>>> cabal robes on the way to the airport.
>>>
>>> -Durova

Re: wow

Carcharoth
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM, FT2 <[hidden email]> wrote:

<snip>

> Eek! A potentially better search engine!  (Can I buy stock in Carcharoth? :) )

Vegetable stock or chicken stock?

Carcharoth (feeling peckish)

[In all seriousness, disambiguation pages are a good way to find
obscure topics].

Re: wow

Carcharoth
Recently, I've wanted the ability to edit the BBC webpages.

They had a page giving contradictory results at the US Masters after
the playoff. And today they had (may still have when you click on it)
this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8000555.stm

"After a week's rest boss Rafael Benitez may stick with the same side
knocked out of the Champions League by Chelsea."

That should be

"After a week's rest boss Rafael Benitez may stick with the same side
knocked out of the FA CUP by Chelsea."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup_2008%E2%80%9309#Semi-finals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League_2008%E2%80%9309#Semi-finals

I believe you can e-mail them to correct stuff, but really, why bother.

"Page last updated at 14:13 GMT, Monday, 20 April 2009 15:13 UK" -
let's see how many people from the BBC read this mailing list...

Carcharoth

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:26 PM, doc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't wait to see their faces at Citizendium when they realise that
> en.wikipedia.org will be the default desktop for all Windows systems.
>
> But, the best bit will be the built-in "edit this webpage" button
> powered by the universal wiki-engine, which means that every webpage
> will be open for editing. Haven't you always wanted the ability to
> correct spelling errors on Guardian.co.uk, place a {{fact}} tag on the
> New York Times, or template the Whitehouse site as {{POV}}?? Well, all
> you will have to do is click on the large "Jimbo Icon" and you're off.
> Just don't redirect uk.gov to [[Clown]]!
>

> FT2 wrote:
>> It seems they spotted our cunning plan. But never fear - that was intended
>> to be discovered all along! The /real/ cabal's secret plan is Windows 7which
>> has Wikipedia built in as its preferred search engine..... oh the billions
>> we'll make from those people who just /have/ to see the latest pokemon!
>>

>> FT2 (in 2009-style crimson red with sable chevoronels)
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM, doc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Black velvet? Gah, so 2006. You obviously cancelled your "Wikipedian
>>> In-Style" magazine when you handed in your sysop bit. Further, I'm
>>> afraid the check from Microsoft has long since been spent on paperclips
>>> and cheese fondues at the Secret UK reunion.

>>> Islands.
>>> velvet

Re: wow

David Gerard-2
2009/4/20 Carcharoth <[hidden email]>:

> Recently, I've wanted the ability to edit the BBC webpages.

Considering they've fired almost all the subs, they could probably do
with, how you say, "crowdsourcing" their proofreading.

- d.

Re: wow

Angela Anuszewski
OMG, I actually edited the Pokemon article after the weekend. I feel so..
.dirty ;-)

Angela

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:08 PM, FT2 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seems they spotted our cunning plan. But never fear - that was intended
> to be discovered all along! The /real/ cabal's secret plan is Windows
> 7which
> has Wikipedia built in as its preferred search engine..... oh the billions
> we'll make from those people who just /have/ to see the latest pokemon!
>

> FT2 (in 2009-style crimson red with sable chevoronels)
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM, doc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Black velvet? Gah, so 2006. You obviously cancelled your "Wikipedian
> > In-Style" magazine when you handed in your sysop bit. Further, I'm
> > afraid the check from Microsoft has long since been spent on paperclips
> > and cheese fondues at the Secret UK reunion.
> >

> > Durova wrote:
> > > Magnus: Vanuatu changed its reporting practices in 2008, remember?  My
> > > windfall from the naked short selling conspiracy is in the Cayman
> > Islands.
> > > Just a moment while I drop by the dry cleaners to pick up the black
> > velvet
> > > cabal robes on the way to the airport.
> > >
> > > -Durova

Wikipedia:[[User:Psu256]]
FT2

Re: wow

FT2
<snob> Who cares what some BBC page says.</snob> <pov_warrior>All we have to
do is edit it and it'll become the eternal TRUTH! </pov_warrior>

FT2

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Carcharoth <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Recently, I've wanted the ability to edit the BBC webpages.
>
> They had a page giving contradictory results at the US Masters after
> the playoff. And today they had (may still have when you click on it)
> this:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8000555.stm
>
> "After a week's rest boss Rafael Benitez may stick with the same side
> knocked out of the Champions League by Chelsea."
>
> That should be
>
> "After a week's rest boss Rafael Benitez may stick with the same side
> knocked out of the FA CUP by Chelsea."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup_2008%E2%80%9309#Semi-finals
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League_2008%E2%80%9309#Semi-finals
>
> I believe you can e-mail them to correct stuff, but really, why bother.
>
> "Page last updated at 14:13 GMT, Monday, 20 April 2009 15:13 UK" -
> let's see how many people from the BBC read this mailing list...
>
> Carcharoth
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:26 PM, doc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I can't wait to see their faces at Citizendium when they realise that
> > en.wikipedia.org will be the default desktop for all Windows systems.
> >
> > But, the best bit will be the built-in "edit this webpage" button
> > powered by the universal wiki-engine, which means that every webpage
> > will be open for editing. Haven't you always wanted the ability to
> > correct spelling errors on Guardian.co.uk, place a {{fact}} tag on the
> > New York Times, or template the Whitehouse site as {{POV}}?? Well, all
> > you will have to do is click on the large "Jimbo Icon" and you're off.
> > Just don't redirect uk.gov to [[Clown]]!
> >

> > FT2 wrote:
> >> It seems they spotted our cunning plan. But never fear - that was
> intended
> >> to be discovered all along! The /real/ cabal's secret plan is Windows
> 7which
> >> has Wikipedia built in as its preferred search engine..... oh the
> billions
> >> we'll make from those people who just /have/ to see the latest pokemon!
> >>

> >> FT2 (in 2009-style crimson red with sable chevoronels)

FT2

Re: wow

FT2
That's.. that's worse than... [[Kenny (South Park character|killing Kenny]]
!

[off stage:] You... (all together now!)

FT2

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Angela Anuszewski <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> OMG, I actually edited the Pokemon article after the weekend. I feel so..
> .dirty ;-)
>
> Angela
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:08 PM, FT2 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It seems they spotted our cunning plan. But never fear - that was
> intended
> > to be discovered all along! The /real/ cabal's secret plan is Windows
> > 7which
> > has Wikipedia built in as its preferred search engine..... oh the
> billions
> > we'll make from those people who just /have/ to see the latest pokemon!
> >

> > FT2 (in 2009-style crimson red with sable chevoronels)
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM, doc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Black velvet? Gah, so 2006. You obviously cancelled your "Wikipedian
> > > In-Style" magazine when you handed in your sysop bit. Further, I'm
> > > afraid the check from Microsoft has long since been spent on paperclips
> > > and cheese fondues at the Secret UK reunion.

>  My
> > > Islands.
> > > velvet

> Wikipedia:[[User:Psu256]]

Re: wow

2009/4/20 Angela Anuszewski <[hidden email]>:

> OMG, I actually edited the Pokemon article after the weekend. I feel so..
> .dirty ;-)

Don't worry, Windows 7 will fix that! [citation needed]

- d.

Re: wow

Durova
[off list]

While you all were getting drunk on the yacht and smoking those Cohibas I
brought up from Mexico, you must have blacked out on the Latest Evil Scheme.

The government of Kiribati has agreed to sell all claims to Kiritimati
Island for $30 million.  I couldn't talk them down to 25, but Chad and
Uzbekistan went lower than expected on their deals to recognize the
Independent Republic of Wikipedia so we almost come out even.

It's going to be hard to get UN membership while refusing to sign on to
international copyright treaties, but things are looking solid for opening
an independent banking system and developing tourism.  This place has some
of the world's best fishing.

And dudes, our second yacht needs larger berthings and a smaller wet bar.

-Durova

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:26 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/4/20 Angela Anuszewski <[hidden email]>:
>
> > OMG, I actually edited the Pokemon article after the weekend. I feel so..
> > .dirty ;-)
>

> Don't worry, Windows 7 will fix that! [citation needed]
>

> - d.

http://durova.blogspot.com/

Re: wow

Thomas Dalton
[offlist]

2009/4/21 Durova <[hidden email]>:
> It's going to be hard to get UN membership while refusing to sign on to
> international copyright treaties, but things are looking solid for opening
> an independent banking system and developing tourism.  This place has some
> of the world's best fishing.

If we don't sign the copyright treaties we can't claim copyright to
all of Wikipedia and sell it for several billion dollars. I thought
that was our exit strategy.

Re: wow

George William Herbert
[off list]

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Durova <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And dudes, our second yacht needs larger berthings and a smaller wet bar.

Have I mentioned yet that I'm a Naval Architect?

--
-george william herbert